The Right Attorney for You
At the Quirk Law Group, we understand selecting the right attorney for your divorce is an important decision-making process. You will understandably want to ask questions and get to know us before making a decision, and we want to get to know you as well. We take a team approach to ensure you have the right person for each task involved. You may be working with your legal team in-depth for several months, so it is essential you’re comfortable with him/her personally and you trust their abilities to achieve the goals we’ve set. Here are some factors to consider as you go through your selection:
- Feel free to inquire about our credentials. Whether it’s references from clients or professionals, our educational background, our involvement in our profession and community, or simply a conversation where we explain our experience in family law, we’re pleased to provide you with details and information about who we are.
- Depending on your situation, we want to be confident that what you need is what we offer. For example, if you need help with immigration issues as part of your divorce, we would advise you to engage with an immigration attorney, and we would be glad to recommend someone while still working with you for your divorce. Similarly, if your marital situation involves criminal or serious abuse issues, we may recommend you to an attorney more focused on this type of situation. In any event, if you hire us, you’ll know we have the skills and resources necessary to do the job successfully.
- Where do you live? Our location, in Kirkland, Washington, is centrally positioned to services clients throughout Seattle’s Eastside, including Kirkland, Bellevue and Redmond particularly, as well as other areas of King county. We work with clients in Snohomish and Pierce counties as well.
- We want you to ask questions when you meet with us. How long will your divorce take? Will you have to go to court? How much will it cost? How will child support, maintenance, and property settlements work? How frequently will we meet, and how accessible are we as a legal team? There are many questions you’ll want to have answered in the process, and we’re here to help.
- Virtually everyone wants to know how much a divorce will cost. This will vary, Briefly, it depends on the complexity of your case, how amenable both parties are to an agreement and settlement, and if it involves other factors, such as minor children. You may refer to our page addressing the issue specifically: How Much will it Cost?
We want to earn your respect and trust as we represent you through a difficult time in your life. Sensitive to what you are going through, we are empathetic and understanding about divorce. Your comfort, confidence, and assurance in our abilities to advocate for you are essential to a successful lawyer-client relationship. At all times, we want you to communicate openly with us and give us feedback about how we’re doing. This will ensure we do the best-possible job for you, to help you move ahead in your life.